A survey of the women membership of MFS in 2009 highlighted accountancy and book-keeping as a high priority issue for many female members of MFS.
As a result, an MFS sub-committee, working in partnership with Boyce Chartered Accountants (Cooma), organised a one day workshop in Nimmitabel on 16th February 2010.
21 participants attended the workshop, delivered by Jono Forrest and his team, which covered the following topics;
- Annual farm accountancy schedule
- How to use SPREADSHEETS as a management tool
- Designing, interpreting and using BUDGETS
- Generating useful REPORTS, preparing accountant information
- Accessing finance, dealing with banks, transactional banking
- Enterprise accounting—why is it necessary?
- Tax planning / BAS statements / Employment of staff
- MFS would like to acknowledge Boyce for their professional, quality information delivery and also Georgie Hood, Growth Farms Australia, for her input and support during the day.